[ RadSafe ] Member of European Committee on Radiation Risk: 400, 000 Fuku cancers based on health studies after Chernobyl | TheNuclear Engineering Department At UC Berkeley

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun May 15 22:04:05 CDT 2011

May 15

         This is the link to what is probably the Tondel paper Busby
invokes below.

         The citation is J Epidemiol Community Health. 2004 Dec;58(12):1011-6.

         "A cohort study was focused on the fallout of caesium-137 in
relation to cancer incidence 1988-1996."

         "The excess relative risk [for Cs-137 deposition] was 0.11
per 100 kiloBecquerel/m(2) . . ."

         Busby says there was an "11% increase in cancre [sic]".  I
assume he got that from the excess relative risk of 0.11.  I am
neither a statistician nor an epidemiologist.  Does an excess
relative risk of 0.11 constitute an 11 percent increase in cancer?

Steven Dapra