[ RadSafe ] Germany to shut down reactors by 2022

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Mon May 30 09:49:12 CDT 2011

Kristian,

I agree with everything that you state below. It is the typical government over-reaction to a situation, and they feel that they need to take some action. Generally when a decision is made based on political parameters, in the end, their constituents will suffer.

The fact is that without nuclear power there will be a significant shortage of electricity. This will cause all necessities of life to increase in cost, food, plastics, everything, and, the world will most likely go into a deep depression. This energy demand will not be made up from other forms of energy. We've all heard this discussion before, after TMI-2, Chernobyl, etc. In the end, the constituents who vote for these politicians will have to live with the results of their ballot. Only then will responsible government, for the people, be the focus.

Regards,

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/
"Protecting people, property and the environment"