No subject

Wed May 18 15:38:07 CDT 2011

<> >
To: srp-uk at <>
Sent: Thursday, 31 March, 2011 19:00:34
Subject: Re: [srp] Fukushima I-131 in UK airspace

You can see what each registered site discharges by popping a relevant
postcode or location into the EA "what's in your backyard" facility.

A quick search relevant to Chilton area reveals that Oxford Radcliffe
Hospital discharged just over 300GBq and Reading Royal Berkshire just
over 100GBq in 2009.

In contrast, I believe the Annual Limit for Sizewell B is 0.5GBq (quoted
from the EA GDA Consultation Document for the AP1000) although this
relates to a gaseous discharge so not directly comparable.

Best regards

Fred Dawson
New Malden