[ RadSafe ] LNT

Busby, Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Sat Oct 1 08:07:06 CDT 2011

You want an estimate. I can do that. The affinity constant of Sr for DNAP has not been measured, but we can estimate that it is higher than the affinity cionstant of uranyl, which has been measured. It is 10^10 m^-1. That means that at a concentration of 10^-10 M (about 9 ng/l) there is 50% saturation of each DNAP by UO2++. For Sr it is probably around this value maybe even higher. I asked the MELODI group to sposor this research but it was left off the list. As we might imagine. I will try and get round to doing this but not just yet as I have bigger fish to fry.