[ RadSafe ] RadSafe Digest, Vol 764, Issue 2

Busby, Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 15:26:35 CDT 2011

The heart attack point was predicated on the work of Yuri Bandashevsky who carried out work in the Belarus areas where children were contaminated by the Chernobyl fallout. This was epidemiology. I dont know how many children are suffering in Japan, just that some mothers have contacted me with description of symptoms: there was a item on Al Jazeera. But thats not epidemiology. What I did do was some calculations about Cs137 content of heart muscle and the number of heart muscle cells. I dont think you know about what Sternglass did. There was no cherry picking of data, and his work was published in peer review, as much of mine is. If you want to knock it, you should also publish in peer review. What Sterngalss did ( and Robin Whyte in the BMJ in 1990 who followed it up) was to look at a graph of infant mortality in UK and USA and notice that after the weapons fallout the infant mortality suddenly increased. I fail to see how that is cherry picking. It conforms to the causality requirements of Sir Austen Bradford Hill (Principles of Medical Statistics 1961)  who is generally recognised as being the gold standard in these affairs. Please explain.
Sincerely
Chris