[ RadSafe ] RSO responsibility

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Oct 15 15:50:03 CDT 2011

Edmond et al.

In my country (Austria) the RSO is the person responsible for everything regarding radionuclear sources. When the idiot (head of my
institute of Food Control and Research and Doctor of Vetereinary Medicine (!!!!))  took my department from me I simply sent a note that I was not able any more to do my duty as a RSO  because I had no (unlimited)  access to my surveillance instruments nor to all the instruments (four ultra low-level LSC's, four -detectors) I operated before and to the infrastructre I had built up during about ten years. That was it. What happend afterwards I did not care about - which I hope is understandable
.
I think that the crucial point is that the RSO has to protest the violation of existing regulations. If he (she?) does not, consent might be automatically assumed.

Best regards,n

Franz