[ RadSafe ] Occams Razor and EU claims. was: Re: Findings of enriched U in Fallujah and elsewhere

Stewart Farber SAFarber at optonline.net
Wed Oct 19 15:45:59 CDT 2011

Douglas Minnema writes  in his prior post below:
  "Occams razor could also be used to suggest that somebody is
mis-interpreting the lab results."
=============

Hello all,
Given the recent historical record regarding numerous deceptive claims
about environmental radioactivity issues in Japan and elsewhere by various
parties "for fun and profit", it must be recognized that Occam's razor is
inaccurately summarized as "the simplest explanation is most likely the
correct one."  Occam's razor is a principle that generally recommends
selecting from among competing hypotheses the one that makes the fewest
new assumptions.

Given that as the Bard wrote: "What's past is prologue", and given the
track record of various parties making extreme and ultimately untrue
statements concerning environmental radiation and radioactivity,   the
most likely expression of Occam's razor in the case of claims about
Enriched Uranium [EU] use in battle in Iraq and Lebanon is that someone is
not mis-interpreting the lab results claimed to have been obtained, but
instead misrepresenting whatever data does, or does not exist.

It is likely in considering Occam's razor, that given the historical
record and credibility of different parties making assertions regarding EU
in battlefield situations, that QA could perhaps just as well be an
acronym for "Questionable Assertion" and not "Quality Assurance."

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health

--
Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC