[ RadSafe ] efficiency rating for HEPA filter in rad hood

Scott Davidson bsdnuke at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:00:35 CDT 2011

40 CFR 61 Appendix D Table 1—Adjustment to Emission Factors for
Effluent Controls gives a value of 0.1 for activated carbon filters.
For HEPA filters it says. Not applicable to gaseous radionuclides.
Otherwise the value is 0.01 for HEPA.  That is what is allowed by
NESHAPs.

Are you trying to take credit for abatement of the HEPA in releases
from a facility?  Use the App D values.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=7ddd70077b4dd79f08b31fd37512aec3&rgn=div9&view=text&node=40:8.0.1.1.1.29.1.21.7&idno=40.