[ RadSafe ] Fwd: WG: [srp] France nuclear: Marcoule siteblastkills one

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Sep 12 12:54:52 CDT 2011

Glenn and RADSAFErs,

Yes, I read alternative updates now, that it was a smelter which was used to melt down and therefore reduce volume for disposal. One worker was reported to have been burnt to death, four people hurt, one of them severely.

Also here the deaths in Kenya did not appear on front pages. Neither have any deaths from car accidents been reported - I bet they occurred. But that's the difference - those deaths cannot be attributed to "nuclear" - though there was nothing nuclear in the Marcoule accident.

BTW: Close to Marcoule is Avignon, a site of eminent historic importance, the seat of the antipopes which were installed by the French kings, with fantastic architecture. And Cotes de Rhone is a great site for wine... If you come in this area, don't miss it!

Best regards,

Franz

--
Franz Schoenhofer, PhD, MinRat