[ RadSafe ] Ra-226 tubing?

gelsg at aol.com gelsg at aol.com
Sat Sep 24 17:29:02 CDT 2011

Ed:

Just to clarify, my concern is not with radon progeny - they will be gone from the swipe after 4 hours.  The real concern is that the radium may become mobile.  With a 1600 year half-life, and being a bone-seeking alpha emitter, this can be a serious health concern.  Having radon (with associated short half-life progeny) escape is pretty much expected.  Having the parent radium escape is many orders of magnitude more seious.

Jerry