[ RadSafe ] Funny cartoon from shortly after TMI - "He's grown a foot....."

William Lipton doctorbill34 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:58:54 CDT 2012

NRC Regulatory Guide 8.29, "INSTRUCTION CONCERNING RISKS
FROM OCCUPATIONAL RADIATION EXPOSURE, " states:  " ...  if any genetic
effects (i.e., effects
in addition to the normal expected number) have been
caused by radiation, the numbers are too small to have
been observed in human populations exposed to radiation.
For example, the atomic bomb survivors (from
Hiroshima and Nagasaki) have not shown any significant
radiation-related increases in genetic defects
(Ref. 3). [3. International Commission on Radiological Protection,
Annals of the ICRP, Risks Associated
with Ionising Radiation, Volume 22, No.1, Pergamon
Press, Oxford, UK, 1991.]"

Bill Lipton
It's not about dose, it's about trust.