[ RadSafe ] Dosimetry Reports

Hans Wiegert hans.wiegert at sealedair.com
Tue Apr 17 15:02:25 CDT 2012

The bi-monthly OSL dosimetry reports are reviewed by the plant RSO/ARSO for
any irregularities and kept on file. Each badgeholder  is made aware during
the *annual refresher training* that they have the right at any time to see
*their *exposure records. A copy is made and all other personnel data on
the sheet is blanked out. Under NO circumstance would we post the exposure
records of individuals for everyone to see!

The problem we have with HIPAA is the difficulty when investigating
abnormal dosimetry results since there are almost always the result of a
medical procedure.  For example, I had a stress test some time ago with
Tc-99m. Leaving the Cardiologist's office I was registering 18 mR/hr on my
Fluke Biomedical 451P - or about 50 times of what we allow on our equipment!

Best Regards,

Hans

--
Hans J. Wiegert
Sr. Electrical Engineer - ECL Technology

*The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow
won't wait while you do the work!*