[ RadSafe ] Dosimetry Reports

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:08:53 CDT 2012

Hans

I see this scenario as a HIPPA problem only if your employee denies
you the right to inform the dosimetry-service vendor of the
circumstances of the exposure.  Then you would not be able to advise
the vendor to adjust his/her records appropriately.  You would have to
write a note to file, and maybe in your quarterly/annual reports,
saying something to the effect that, while you were morally certain
that the reported dose was spurious, you could not further document
your claim.

Please note, I don't see that one would have to go into great detail,
either in one's on-site records, or in the documentation one offered
the service vendor.  One could simply state that one had established,
after interviews with the employee, and appropriate reviews of their
work environment, that the recorded exposure, or some fraction of it,
was not occupational in origin.  Of course, one would always cc the
employee and his/her maanger.  But, again, these are questions on
which the Offices of Risk Management, or corporate counsels, may have
different takes, at different institutions.

Cheers
cja