[ RadSafe ] Question

Mon Aug 20 11:04:59 CDT 2012

Howard, what would your local hospital do if someone working a minimum
wage job with no health care benefits showed up at the ER in need of a
heart transplant?  Indeed, if someone needs a heart transplant (and
isn't as rich and connected as Dick Cheney) some panel somewhere decides
where that person fits on a priority list, and every year many people
die because they aren't high enough on the list to get one of the
limited number of organs available.

I approve of a discussion of health care in this country (though this is
not the appropriate forum, and this is the last post I will make on this
thread), but if you are going to compare Obamacare to Bush era health
care coverage, fairness dictates you compare it for people with no
coverage as well as for those who have good plans.  And if you want to
use the "death panel" argument (yes, I know you didn't say "death
panel", but if implying that wasn't your intent, you failed), then you
need to address the panels that (quite legitimately) ration scarce
resources, such as organs, and the insurance company employees whose job
it has been to cancel people's insurance because they were costing too
much.

Mitt Romney had nice things to say about Israel's health care system.
Maybe we should look at theirs as a model.

Done now.