[ RadSafe ] San Clemente panel urges radiation monitoring in new city blueprint

gelsg at aol.com gelsg at aol.com
Fri Feb 17 18:13:04 CST 2012

Stewart:

I agree with your assessment.  I suspect you can find more about networks of measurement instruments by googling "genetron" and "skylink".  The German manufacturer of these GM instruments has installed them in many locations throughout Europe, and I know that they do also have a presence in the US.

Jerry Gels
Cincinnati, OH

A real-time, publically accessible rad montoring network, IMHO, is likely
to help a nuclear utility gain public understanding and acceptance among
the public. Decades ago, I recall reading that  the French nuclear plants
installed rings of gamma radiation monitors off-site at each of their
nuclear power plant sites that they could access. I'm not sure if this
publicly accessible net-work is still in operation. If anyone knows,
please post information about it.