[ RadSafe ] Cancer

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 23:14:43 CST 2012

Ho Joe:

Starting from the bottom... I worked with Ghislain de Marsily for several
years and we wrote an inverse groundwater modeling package (GRASPINV) for
WIPP using Pilot Point Method in which I was responsible for the
geostatistics, variography, enhanced numerical methods & package
integration.

But I am less interested in textbooks than in seminal papers on Health
Physics.

At my feet is my 75 cm 'current' pile of books topped with Gilmore
& Hemingway's Practical Gamma Ray Spectroscopy on top followed by Knoll's
Radiation Detection & Measurement... I have an ancient Freeze & Cherry in
the house as well as a signed & memo'd copy of Ghislain's book on
Groundwater Hydrology for Engineers. I use Donald Langmuir's data (and
book) for radio-geochemical modeling along with 2 editions of Stumm &
Morgan, Aquatic Chemistry: Chemical Equilibria and Rates in Natural Waters.

So published papers that made a difference in Health Physics are what I am
interested in...

Dan ii