[ RadSafe ] Shielding of DEVICES

Jerry Cohen jjc105 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 15:57:37 CST 2012

The presumption here seems to be that the explosive DEVICE would enter the
country via normal shipping channels, and might be detected radiologically at
point of entry. I would be more concerned that  a  clever terrorist would avoid
such inspection by simply transporting  the device by truck or automibile over
our unprotected borders, or land it by boat over our unprotected shoreline. This
approach seems to work pretty well for the Drug cartels. Perhaps some smart
person  can think of a way to avert such a possibility. I can't
Another thought on the subject--- Why do nations spend so much effort developing
precise guided missile systems for weapon delivery, when a pickup truck would
suffice? With  nuclear explosives, a near miss is about a effective as a direct
hit.

Jerry Cohen