[ RadSafe ] Texsport Item #14210 - Lantern Mantles

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:41:56 CDT 2012

Dear Stewart and group:

Aside from Stewart's humor...

The term "radioactive material" (DOT, IAEA, IATA) requires a two-part
test: 1) the concentration of the radionuclides or collection of
radionuclides must exceed a certain level AND the total activity must
exceed a specified limit.  Lantern mantles do not qualify for either
test.  Thus, they are NOT RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS and need not be
reported.

Dan ii