[ RadSafe ] FW: Lichen / Caribou diet: was: RE: More Nuclear-News Hype High radiation level at Fukushima school, even after 'decontamination'

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 00:04:11 CDT 2012

Dear Stewart:

Perhaps there is a parallel with a recent selenium scare in spinach in
the UK. It was reported that high levels of selenium were found in
quite a bit of the spinach being sold, and it was taken off the
shelves until a determination was made about safety.

As it turned out, the spinach "so tenaciously" held onto the selenium
passing through the gut, there was a net negative affect on selenium
balance in the body - that is - more selenium was excreted than was
introduced.

What is the net balance uptake for caribou eating Cs-137 in lichen?

Dan ii