[ RadSafe ] Coming soon to a basement near you???????

Mon Jun 11 13:49:50 CDT 2012

I have heard that consuming water enriched to a couple percent deuterium
is detrimental, as the statement "all isotopes of a given element behave
the same way chemically" is only mostly true.

I admit to not having any real firsthand experience dealing with
deuterium, as all the D I was concerned with was inside the reentry
bodies on the missiles, and people would have frowned had someone tried
to remove it.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of John R Johnson
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2012 11:43 AM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Coming soon to a basement near you???????

Sorry Mike.

I was trying to say that mammals can't survive on pure D. It least
that's
what the biologest told us at the Chalk River Labs when I worked there.

John

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Brennan, Mike (DOH) <
Mike.Brennan at doh.wa.gov> wrote:

> Hi, John.
>
> I am not sure what you are trying to say.  If you are saying that it
is
> impossible to get pure D, then I would agree, though it is fairly easy
> to concentrate D to higher than normal natural ratio.  The higher the
> concentration, the more difficult and expensive it is, but it can be
> done.
>
> Be that as it may, there is a lot more involved in making a fusion
bomb
> than strapping a tank of deuterium (or even a tank of mixed deuterium
> and tritium) onto a fission bomb.

List
> Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Coming soon to a basement near you???????
>
> Mike
>
> I'm sure you know that we can't only have deuterium as our only source
> of
> hydrogen because H and D have different molecular rates.
>
> John
>
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Brennan, Mike (DOH) <
> Mike.Brennan at doh.wa.gov> wrote:
>
> > The short answer is, "no".  One cannot use off the shelf canisters
of
> > deuterium and a random fission bomb and make a fusion bomb.  I
> actually
> > know the long answer, but it would take more time than I have at the
> > moment, and the answer is still, "no".
> >
> > A tank of deuterium is no more dangerous than a similar size tank of
> > regular hydrogen.

during

http://www.instructables.com/**id/How-to-X-Ray/<http://www.instru

http://amasci.com/amateur/**sciamdx.html<http://amasci.com/amateur/sciam