[ RadSafe ] Natural gamma rays linked to childhood leukaemia

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:51:41 CDT 2012

If copies of the paper are available, please send me a copy!

Well beyond the tropstrata
There is a region stark and stellar
Where, on a streak of anti-matter
Lived Dr. Edward anti-Teller.

Remote from Fusion’s origin,
He lived unguessed and unawares
With all his anti-kith and kin,
And kept macassars on his chairs.

One morning, idling by the sea,
He spied a tin of monstrous girth
That bore three letters: A. E. C.
Out stepped a visitor from Earth.

Then, shouting gladly o’er the sands,
Met two who in their alien ways
Were like as lentils. Their right hands
Clasped, and the rest was gamma rays.

*Harold P. Furth (The New Yorker, 1956)*

Best,

--
Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist