[ RadSafe ] Diesel exhaust and underground mining vs other factorsfor lung cancer

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Fri Mar 2 23:11:29 CST 2012

March 2

         To answer my own uncertainty, "In the United States, smoking
is estimated to account for 87% of lung cancer cases (90% in men and
85% in women)."

         Eighty seven percent of 450,000 is 391,500 lung cancer
deaths per year from smoking.

         The estimate quote is from Wikipedia and is sourced (fn. 23).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_cancer#cite_note-Samet2-22

Steven Dapra