[ RadSafe ] Diesel exhaust and underground mining vs other factorsfor lung cancer

Dlawrencenewyork dlawrencenewyork at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 13:18:53 CST 2012

According to the CDC:
There are about 129,900 lung cancer deaths per year in the US and 98,900 from other obstructive  pulmonary diseases from 2000-2004 attributable to cigarette smoking.
MMWR 2008;57(45):1226-1228

A back of the napkin calculation yields 19,400 lung cancer and 14780 other pulmonary obstruction deaths from outside sources. Without delving into the statistics one cannot attest to the exclusivity of the other causal groups. Obviously there is overlap and typically the risks from the differing hazards are multiplicative for the exposed individual.

if I my old eyes read that correctly on my iPhone screen at least.