[ RadSafe ] How Would You Advise this YouTube User and What References would you provide?

Morten Sickel Morten.Sickel at nrpa.no
Fri Mar 9 05:38:14 CST 2012

Our (the Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority) present guidance to people going to Japan is to follow the official advices. The limits for radioactive content in food being sold in Japan is presently comparable to those in most European countries (e.g. 500Bq/kg of 137Cs) and in April, those limits are going to be lowered and there are also quite strict limitation on where it is allowed to grow food within the contaminated areas (on a personal note, not for the person asking you, I would say some of those rules are ridiculous strict) This is personal communication with colleagues that have just been to Japan, sorry to say, I do not have any references.

Morten Sickel