[ RadSafe ] How different agencies collaborate in USA

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 12:01:11 CDT 2012

Dear Mike,

It was not clear whether the source was radium or something else.In India for therapy level direct reading dosimeters, the hospitals used to have a sr90-y-90 source foil of 30 mCi  positioned in a well shielded container for use as a reference standard. Before using the dosimeter for actual measurement in the beam, the physicist will keep the dosimeter  in the fixed geometry shield and ensure that the reading obtained is that expected. These sources are strong and can deliver doses of many rads per sec in close contact. These calibration standards are very useful

Surprisingly, the news report did not name the source!

Regards
Parthasarathy