[ RadSafe ] High Level Waste to WIPP

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 16:28:52 CDT 2012

Dan,

    It pains me to write this, but you wrote "I personally see no reason that
WIPP could not manage
high-level waste".  What is your best Bill Clinton type of a definition of the
word "no"?  Did you mean "no" legitimate reason, or perhaps "no" scientific
reason?  Certainly you didn't mean to exclude "political - Not In My Backyard
(NIMBY) reasons....   It could be argued that the half life of NIMBY, at least
in the minds of those who are dead set against anything remotely having to do
with Nuclear Power, exceeds the length of the half life for all known
radioactive isotopes combined.  ;-)  The NIMBY Luddites are perfectly content
with the current status quo that is slowly killing the Nuclear Industry.
 Roy Herren