[ RadSafe ] Once More into the heart of the disinformation dragon

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Mon May 21 22:23:24 CDT 2012

Hi Roger,

That is truly a difficult question to answer as it depends on pre and post meldown.

The total verified deaths are 5 (http://asiancorrespondent.com/53036/the-fukushima-death-toll/).

However, 3 were due to the earthquake and tsunami and occurred prior to the meltdown.

Now, it is predicted that there may be 900 cancer deaths in the population of 1 million around the plant.

http://orlandocamargo.com/radiation-issuesone-year-and-beyond-david-j-b

On the order of 50 members of the public died during the evacuation according to Lancet:
http://www.lancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(12)60384-5/fulltext

Jeff

Jeff Terry
Assoc. Professor of Physics