[ RadSafe ] open source ion interaction with matter code

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Mon Apr 1 21:59:34 CDT 2013

Hmmmmm,

     The book by Kase and Nelson may be  helpful....

     Joe Preisig

In a message dated 3/31/2013 10:15:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
terryj at iit.edu writes:

Hi All,

A friend of mine (astronomer) is looking for code similar to MCNP-X  that
will calculate the energy loss of ions as a function of distance traveled  to
the interaction with different materials.

They have concerns about  the licensing and use requirements of MCNP-X.

I have only used MCNP-X  and haven't really looked for other options.

I thought that someone on  the list may know of something that I can pass
along to him.

Thanks,

Jeff