[ RadSafe ] BBC article: "Chernpobyl's legacy recorded in trees"

Rees, Brian G brees at lanl.gov
Fri Aug 9 10:21:44 CDT 2013

I remember that hair of people with high exposures grows back coarser, and sometimes a slightly different color.  It sounds like it might be related.

It'd be interesting to get a thin (1") or so slice across the trunk and do an autoradiograph to see if there is distributed radioactive material in the wood, or just at the "event horizon"....

Brian Rees