[ RadSafe ] "Communicating with the public and the press"

Estabrooks, H Bates (IHK) estabrookshb at y12.doe.gov
Wed Aug 21 07:46:44 CDT 2013

Bill,

How far beyond the "beyond design basis event/accident" do you design for?

The magnitudes of the earthquake and resultant tsunami were historically unprecedented.

To insist on a design/build to protect against them would not have called for a "courageous" engineer, but rather a prophetic engineer.  So far we have no degree programs for that skill.

Bates Estabrooks
Y-12