[ RadSafe ] Canadian Depleted Uranium Study Results Released

Helmut Wabnig hwabnig at aon.at
Thu Feb 21 08:51:03 CST 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 06:43:23 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks for the info.  I downloaded and saved it to my files.  What really
>angers me about this whole DU thing is the sheer stupidity of it.  Of course
>DU has a metal toxicity issue.  C-4 also has a toxicity issue.  Its a weapon
>of war.  DU rounds were designed to kill enemy tanks that are trying to kill
>you.  The "silver bullet" worked just fine. Yet, a bunch of idiots got its
>use stopped because it was mildly radioactive and a weapon of war. You don't
>like war fine; please don't make it harder on the men and women that do have
>to fight in a war.  But enough of my ranting and raving.  Technically, this
>report shows what most of us already know:  The ionizing radiation
>associated with DU is not a health hazard.  I also have the U.S. reports on
>DU which show the same thing.  I wonder if other countries that used or use
>DU munitions have similar reports.
>

>Victor Anderson, CHP

In "green" countries with enough rain and plants covering
any DU dust will be quickly bound and fixed to the soil.
There it adds some value to the already present uranium
content of widespread phosphorous fertilizers the farmers use.

But how is the situation in a desert country?
Will the DU dust be present everywhere near and far
from a battlefield?

w.