[ RadSafe ] Liquid Scintillation Counter

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Tue Jun 11 08:39:45 CDT 2013

Hi,

In Europe there are, as far as I know, two manufacturers who share the LSC market. Perkin Elmer has the classic Tri-Carb models which we also have at the Forsmark NPP. The Tri-Carb works well but feels dated. People from old Wallac have gone on to market a more recent counter called Hidex. It works somewhat differently and has a third PM tube. Users in Sweden have been very positive. It's a good bet we will go to Hidex in a few years when we change our instruments. http://www.hidex.com/products/hidex-300-sl.aspx

A third manufacturer is Beckman but they have not been seriously considered by us.

All the best,

Mattias Olsson
Forsmark NPP, Sweden