[ RadSafe ] Liquid Scintillation Counter

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jun 11 11:44:55 CDT 2013

Mattias and RADSAFERs,

May I provide some facts about the present LS-market, not only in Europe,
but world wide? There was recently the 2013 LSC - conference in Barcelona,
which also gave new information about the market, though much was known
since a few years.

Perkin Elmar has purchased not only Packard, but also Wallac from Turku ,
Finland. The excellent and very successful line of standard Wallac counters
has been shut down immediately..... I had always favoured the Wallac
counters because of their logarithmic pulse height scale, which was
extremely favorable for my applications. Not to talk about the still
outstanding features of the Quantulus regarding background.

Hidex has been started by Jukka Haaslahti and a few former employees of
Wallac, but is obviously completely independent from Wallac and Perkin
Elmar. As demonstrated at the above mentioned LSC conference in Barcelona  -
a lot of
applications have been investigated and the outcome is promising.

So, Liz, consider carefully, what LLD's you want or have to achieve, check
carefully the guaranteed LLD's and hire a person capable of doing the
measurements.......

Best regards and "Vänlig hälsning fran Österrike efter 2:1 i fotboll....."

Franz