[ RadSafe ] 2 MeV+ Proton Beam Access

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 12:47:01 CDT 2013

Jake/Radsafe:

    In the MIT vicinity, UMass/Lowell has a Van de Graaff  capable of
generating 2 MeV protons.  See the physics department  website.

   If you need higher than 2 MeV protons, Brookhaven Lab has a  serious
Tandem Van de Graaff, and also a 200 MeV proton linac that injects into  the
Alternating Gradient Synchrotron.  See their website.  I remember  the Van de
Graaff people at BNL doing circuit irradiation studies.

    Nowadays there are medical proton therapy accelerators  around more
than before.  You might look for them also.  Last I heard,  Yale and SUNY/Stony
Brook still had serious Van de Graaff accelerators  also.

    UMass/Lowell is set up to accept customers from outside  the Lowell
community.

    Joe Preisig

In a message dated 6/28/2013 1:02:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,