[ RadSafe ] Neutron detectors

Smith, Lawrence E lsmit15 at entergy.com
Sat Mar 23 17:15:17 CDT 2013

The FarWest Technology's REM500 and the Thermo RadEye GN meter are available for neutron detection.

The shipping container that AmBe neutron source I use came with provides the necessary shielding for storage, as well as a lockable tab. There is a shield that is placed in front of it made out of layers of Plexiglas, aluminum and some rubbery material (I don't know what it is), that removes any need for neutron dosimetry unless I am calibrating the REM500.

Lawrence E. Smith
Senior Radiation Protection Technician
Vermont Yankee

   1. Neutron Source Safety (DOBBS, LYNN)
   2. Re: Neutron Source Safety (JPreisig at aol.com)
   3. Re: Neutron Source Safety (Thomas Johnston)
   4. Re: Neutron Source Safety (DOBBS, LYNN)

Message: 1