[ RadSafe ] Seriously Scary Radioactive Products From The 20thCentury

Egidi, Philip Egidi.Philip at epa.gov
Tue May 14 13:15:14 CDT 2013

Dan and Franz,
I walked by those specimens for some time and miss looking at them. It was very early in my career, but do remember them.
It was a shame the display had to go because the radiation safety people had an issue with them. Sigh.
That facility still exists, but in a much smaller role and has a much smaller footprint. I was there just last week for a meeting; there is a tremendous amount of history that was made at that site during and after WWII.
Past history informs today's practices...

PVE
Philip Egidi
Environmental Scientist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency