[ RadSafe ] NRC Blog Post on "Questioning Attitude"

David Lee davidleesafe at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:56:39 CDT 2013

Bill, thank you for your posting it.
You are absolutely correct, it is a milestone beginning. 180 degrees of the
charts.

As a suggestion to the US NRC.
I love these analogies, even one of my many professors warned me not to
over use them.
Any how, remember the famous IRS 3 to 5 years amnesty for the off shore tax
free accounts?
It was doubtful in the beginning, but it worked!

It would be reasonable to offer a similar amnesty program in conjunction
with "The NRC’s Safety Culture Policy Statement".

The point:

My point is: there still is the most fearful Price-Anderson Act, as you all
guys well know.
Temporary amnesty from Price-Anderson will be necessary because it is not
just about what is planning to be done. But also what was done and what may
effect the future planning..
I can not imagine, no offense to the US Navy or ex-navy gentlemen and
gentlewomen, but combination of Price-Anderson and ex-navy
*comradery*culture at
NPP makes the *Robert De Niro's*  "circle of trust" closed to any reforms.

Again, I am not accusing or attacking anyone or any group.

Just my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia
.org/wiki/Price%E2%80%93Anderson_Nuclear_Industries_Indemnity_Act

P.S. To be fair and balanced. It is reasonable to have present generation
of reactors to be operated to their operational end with the
current personal culture, present LWR's are based on the navy designs
anyway. "Changing horses in the middle of the river"? May cause more
problems.
Senator McCain as a presidential candidate has said that history of the US
Nuclear Navy is the best example of safety of the nuclear power. I agree.

"You can call me anything but not collect"

And yes, I met Bill Lipton, but I am not sure you, Bill do remember me.
Even so, I stayed until the end of each of your evening classes!
It was long time ago (19 yrs.), my name was different, I was not
naturalized, yet.

The best.

Emil.