[ RadSafe ] Fwd: ICAO/IATA regulations availability

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 06:35:28 CDT 2013

Hi Jeff,
As others have said you have to pay. Also if you are actually shipping something, knowedge of the regulations is not enough. You have to have appropriate training before you can release package and sign the paperwork. This varies, there is one shipping exemption for Caesium (in a specific atomic frequency reference) that says the training requirement is met by reading the exemption!
Robert Atkinson CEng MRAeS

On Thursday, 10 October 2013, 19:02, Chris Alston <achris1999 at gmail.com> wrote:

Basically, you have to pay for it.  Then you get a copy of it, by way
of access to it.  However, I would inquire further.  Since you are a
government agency, a copy of the IATA regs may already be online for
you somewhere.  I would call around the Washington State government
(DOT-equivalent?) and maybe call IATA too.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kulp, Jeffrey  (DOH) <Jeffrey.Kulp at doh.wa.gov>
Date: Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Subject: [ RadSafe ] ICAO/IATA regulations availability
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
I have a question regarding where I can obtain a copy of the IATA
hazardous materials shipping regulations. Does ICAO have a website like
the US government does for the Code of Federal Regulations that will
allow me to access hazmat shipping regulations for free, or will I have
to pay to access the most current air transport regulations?
You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list

Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found at: http://health.phys.iit.edu/radsaferules.html

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu/

More information about the RadSafe mailing list