[ RadSafe ] New list policy

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Sat Oct 19 13:32:30 CDT 2013

Radsafe,

     Kudos to Jeff Terry for staying on as the list  moderator.  Nix the
Spam editing.

     Thanks again      Joe  Preisig

In a message dated 10/19/2013 1:57:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
terryj at iit.edu writes:

Indeed  that is good news.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct  19, 2013, at 12:28 PM, Ted de Castro <tdc at xrayted.com> wrote:
>
> Well yes - SPAM is a problem and your solution a good one - I know I  get
enough of it.

> BUT --- on the brighter side ....
>
> According to a CNET article it seems SPAM has done us all a favor and
jammed up the NSA computers spying on all our emails!

>> On  10/19/2013 10:24 AM, Jeff Terry wrote:
>> The things in the spam  folder are your typical spam mainly from non
list members. Get a Russian  bride, etc. the number is staggering. Going
through them to find the five from  people who have real messages is just not time
effective.

>> Jeff
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Oct 19, 2013, at 11:17 AM, Roger Helbig  <rwhelbig at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Jeff,
>>>
>>> Sorry about that, but you might also  tell people what ends up in spam
>>> box.  Is it only those  messages that originate from e-mails that are
>>> not listed as  being members of RADSAFE or does it include messages
>>> that  include certain characteristics?  The reason I ask is that  I
>>> recall RADSAFE messages that include the word "spam" in the  subject
>>> line and the messages are perfectly legit, just  somehow got tagged as
>>> "spam" at some point.  Now, perhaps  you want to tell us that we need
>>> to do a better job of  forwarding or replying to things so that "spam"
>>> won't appear  in the subject line.  I definitely do not envy you doing
>>>  this - you are busy enough guy as is.  Thanks for the yeoman  effort
>>> for so long.
>>>
>>>  Roger

make sure that it does not go public, I am  now going to start discarding
everything that ends up in the spam box. This  includes all posts that are
sent from email addresses that do not match those  on file with the RadSafe
mailing list. Please update your email address on  file with the mailing list
to that used to send mail. Often your internal  email system will forward
messages on to you so you will continue receiving  mail from us, yet you cannot
send.

check what  posts are valid and which are spam.

visit: http://health.phys.iit.edu