[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Fwd: Medical Incident

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:56:54 CDT 2013

Dr Siegel

Thanks for pointing this out; I was remiss in failing to note this
fact it in my earlier email.  As a semi-quantitative illustration, at
one hospital with which I was familiar in the 90's, the long-term
medication error rate for radiopharmaceuticals was ~ 1/16,000
administrations, all of them involving diagnostic studies. In
contrast, the  hospital's overall medication error rate was 1/8000.

Cheers
cja