[ RadSafe ] But Wait, There's More... RE: Worse than Chernobyl: The inner threat of Fukushima crisis (published by Chris Busby)

Doug Aitken JAitken at slb.com
Wed Sep 4 15:39:54 CDT 2013

This was actually done in the US (Rulison, Co) and , as part of the"ploughshares" program. A nice "propo" film here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myXswNUQgLs

And wiki;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Rulison

not a good idea!

Now the industry uses hydraulic fracturing - "Fracking" - which is highly successful, but somewhat controversial......

Regards
Doug

Doug Aitken
QHSE Advisor, Schlumberger D&M Operations Support
Cell Phone: 713-562-8585
(alternate e-mail: doug.aitken at slb.com )
Mail:
Schlumberger, Drilling & Measurements HQ,
300 Schlumberger Drive, MD15,
Sugar Land, Texas 77478