[ RadSafe ] Radon Progeny affinity for Iron Oxide (rust)

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 12:25:46 CDT 2013

Dear Douglas:

Years ago, DOE / Grand Junction described dust related to radon progeny as
"sticky".  Likely the iron oxyhydroxide (FeOOH) (rust) forms a very good
surface to attract the dust / progeny. The surface is highly reactive and
probably adsorbs quite a bit of material. FeOOH has been used to model
environmental sorbents.

See

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/8w4135gk

Dan ii