[ RadSafe ] [EXTERNAL] Radon progeny in CNG vehicles gas tanks

Rees, Brian G brees at lanl.gov
Wed Apr 16 17:53:44 CDT 2014

I have seen a few mr/hr from large propane tanks that were just filled at a refinery/facility prior to measurement.   My understanding is that propane, butane, and NG all have different boiling points, so the concentration of Rn will be different in each, but that propane's boiling point is near that of Rn, so it will have the highest concentration.

Brian Rees