[ RadSafe ] Cancer

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 17:35:43 CDT 2014

Mohan/Radsafe:

     Interesting.  So, perhaps as we grow older  our immune systems start
to fail somewhat, thus perhaps supporting the  development of cancer.  If you
don't die from something else, then perhaps  one will die of Cancer.  As
one grows older, our blood circulation systems  start to clog due to plaque
formation, eventual heart weakening and so on.   Alzheimers is apparently due
to plaque formation in the brain and the sum  effects of a lifetime of
microstrokes.  The plaques might be removed  somewhat using HCL compounds.

     Another old age effect is the clogging of the  urinary tract by kidney
stones, thus creating a reservoir of backed up fluid in  the urinary tract.
 This fluid might be eliminated by the use of drugs  (lasix),  dialysis and
removal of the fluid, elimination of kidney stone  blockages by ultrasound
etc.  I expect some of the type 2 diabetes is  somewhat related to fluid
buildup in the abdomen --- the fluid reservoir is also  a storage area for
sugar.

     I guess Type 1 diabetes is an organ failure (birth  defect) situation,
which is usually treated with insulin or other drugs.  I  guess an organ
transplant procedure is not done currently to cure type 1  diabetes due to a
lack of understanding of the procedure, the complexity of the  procedure, the
lack of organs for transplant or something else.  I am not a  diabetes
researcher, but wish these researchers success.

    Yeah, I guess running an advanced version of MCNP will  not allow us to
totally model what is going on with cancers.  Thanks again  for your
comments.

    Regards,     Joseph R. Preisig

a message dated 8/18/2014 2:50:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,