[ RadSafe ] Paper review of Hess et.al. from a health physics perspective

Brad Keck bradkeck at mac.com
Sun Feb 9 20:06:11 CST 2014

It is a curious dose estimate that is reported, lower than prevalent estimates from study of the Chernobyl residents - and as you point out lower than expected for induction of cancer.  Nevertheless, it is what the authors report.

For comparison,  estimates of thyroid dose I have seen for Japan are much lower than 150 mGy.