[ RadSafe ] Hospital workers subjected to excessive radiation, lawsuits claim

Eric Goldin emgoldin at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 14:41:08 CST 2014

Regarding the claim that excessive radiation fogged x-ray films, can someone tell us if the medical folks even use film anymore?  I thought just about all x-ray imaging was digital these days.

P.S.  As a retired nuclear power HP, I can point to the very detailed shielding surveys conducted during startup testing to validate the architect-engineer design specs for radiation levels.  I'm a bit surprised something similar isn't performed at some level in the medical field.  And what about dosimeters?  Didn't the "exposed" techs have badges and wear them?

Eric Goldin, CHP