[ RadSafe ] Hospital workers subjected to excessive radiation, lawsuits claim

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Tue Jan 21 12:50:40 CST 2014

Having done several shielding calculations for CT installations here in
CA - I know I got prints, projected workloads, looked over the site,
provided the calculations/report, inspected the construction when the
lead was still visible and did a survey/report when all was done - all
this as a consultant.  I understood this was all REQUIRED before they
would be allowed to operate.

I have also surveyed enough CT facilities INSIDE the room to know that
the exposures do NOT warrant the injury claims.  (Highest level at the
head end and thickest shielding usually in the corner of the room they
tuck the head end into.)

In any event - if these were x-ray techs - where were their dosimetry
badges?  Or was that just another of those pesky requirements they
conveniently chose not to observe??