[ RadSafe ] Beer and nuclear explosions

S L Gawarecki slgawarecki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 12:27:02 CST 2014

So this means we can safely drink the beer after the nuclear apocalypse!

Regards,
*Susan Gawarecki*

ph: 865-494-0102
cell:  865-604-3724
SLGawarecki at gmail.com

Andrew Karem wrote:
"For something on the lighter side...a friend just sent me a link that's
worth sharing. It seems that, in 1957, the US decided to set a bunch of
soda and beer at various distances from a 20 kT nuclear explosion (surface
burst) to see what happened to the beverages. The report can be found at
this link (http://bit.ly/1dNRlIw). I have to admit that I never thought I'd
see a nuclear weapons test report that contained the data line "12 fl oz,
amber stubby, 1-trip, contents beer."

For those of you who don't want to read the report, you should be happy to
know that, even as close as 1270 feet, there was very little induced
activity in the beer, and none of the induced activity in the container
leached into the beer."