[ RadSafe ] Man pleads guilty in plot to build mobile death ray

Brad Keck bradkeck at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 11:17:12 CST 2014

Hi Andy,  I think the deluded husband's friends would be in jail if they were intending to contribute to her murder..   If they were just helping out by innocently buying flour, that's one thing; but once they intended to contribute to her harm, however ineptly,   that would be criminal in American jurisprudence, even though buying flour is completely legal, usually..   :).

Take our death ray pair.   They apparently really wanted to do harm to some people.  It seems that powering a death ray from a cigarette lighter is most implausible,  but they really wanted to do it,  and consequently are headed for some jail time....  They can assure, I believe, that just as ignorance of the law is no excuse, that ineptitude in the effort is no defense!

Some other countries have a different view,  but here in the USA, the mere attempt can get you tossed into prison.