[ RadSafe ] Radiation to animals

Lemieux, Bryan P blemieux at uthsc.edu
Fri Jul 11 16:14:13 CDT 2014

As far as regulations.... that depends on where you are. TN has separate regs for human use and vet use......

NCRP has a guidance report on radiation protection in veterinary medicine as well.....but I am not in the office right now and do not recall if there is a particular statement regarding your question.

Most imaging set ups I have seen are set up similar to human use....but seeing as there are no dose limits to comply with for animals......there could very well be more flexibility in your set up.